Tuesday 2 October 2007

Rambles and that second chapter

So after a pretty much sleep deprived week and a terrible headache on Friday day, things started to look up on Friday eve. After collapsing at home for a wee while, I cycled down to the Charlatan, a bar on Commercial Dr. to meet up with a group of friends. I didn't stay long - but they had both guiness and strongbow on tap (yayyyyy - a very rare event here in Vancouver!) so i delighted myself in a black velvet - yum! ...and the bartender was super nice and gave it to me for free!!! Just the perfect way to end a downtrodden week I tell ya!
Saturday morning saw me rise and shine early (well certainly the former, not sure about the latter) as my friend Kate was having her wedding brunch that day. A bus that I picked up downtown then took us on a long ride over to Coquitlam. There are some insanely posh houses over there -- very movie type decor looking though, alcking serious personality or charm. The buffet (at the Coquitlam gold club s'il vous plait) was exquisitely tasty and I got to catch up with a friend of mien from Tasmania I didn't know was going to be attending the wedding! Kate looked beautiful and happy -- and the groom to be seemed very calm and serene!
Long ride on the bus home... and then a fun trip to the climbing gym!
I think i may have gotten myself addicted...
Attendance at a house party in the evening, after a tasty meal-cooking at home ... some typical house tasks on sunday... and then I was headed to the wedding itself. However, as I was about to hop out of my flat and hop on the bus, I got a dsitraught phone call from a friend of mine whose laptop had justd ecided to join the never neverland of computers.... 2 weeks before her thesis submission. Eeeeekkk! I gave her a couple of emergency computer support numbers, crossed my fingers before hopping into Neil's car who very gallantly and kindly offered to drive me to Cecil Green Park house. Despite the gray skies and continuous downpour, nothing could have possibly obscured the couple's day -- they both looked stunning & both looked deeply happy and in love :o) The ceremony was shot and sweet and truly lovely. Tasty food and some touching and funny speeches followed... then some dancing and a very dangerous looking carrying of the newlyweds on chairs!!! careening at top speed around the dance floor! Very funny ... I took this as my high note of the eve and said my adieus.

Sadly my friend's computer was completely toast :o( - and so I spent most of monday madly backing up and synchronizing my computers and drives - you just simply cannot be too safe.
Today I made some progress on producing a decent draft of my second chapter so I can give it to Daniel by tomorrow --- I'll have to get up early though and do some solid work on it to get it to that point though. Somehow it just doesn't flow :o| ...just seriously wish writing came to me easier!!!!
Cara - daughter of a friend of the family - arrived today as well, and will be staying with me until friday. She's wanting to get a feel for the city and see whether she'd consider moving here!

Right - and with that I am off to bed!
Boa noite

No comments: