Tuesday 28 August 2007

Lunar eclipse

Not sure if any of you got up to see the lunar eclipse - but it was well worth it! A big bright orange pie in the sky - sort of eerie yet fascinating.... and I must say that my friend Savas boasts the best balcony from which to view such celestial magic. Only downside --the incredible light pollution surrounding the residential areas around here.
Since getting here I've managed to be rather productive, which was the whole idea after all - be productive, and improve my running performance more than ever before! The last two days we've gone for a run 'round Green Lake park - a beautiful place to go, and where most of the folks, judging by their bodies (and yes they 8do* like to show them off!), jogging around the body of water must be some accomplished runners. Not sure if it makes you go faster or not though ;o)
I've spent all of today working on getting a handle of what the ecosystem of The National Historic Park of Kanoko Holokohau is like, what the main threats to its balance are as well as finding out where I am most likely to find all the information I will need to develop an ecosystem model of it (using the software Ecopath with Ecosim, aka EwE- yes I do like the fact that it sounds like ewwww!). Of course I am of the conviction that taking a trip there would help me tremendously ;o)
However until then it's back to the books ... and Green Lake Park to give the midn some fresh air and a touch of sunshine.

No comments: